Monday 16 March 2015

Bedroom Decor Inspiration Part 1-Toile Romance


If you know me or follow me over on Pinterest, I am sure you are more than aware that I am an interior design and archaist addict! I studied interior design and spacial design at college and my love for both has only got stronger since myself and Steve brought our first house together last Summer. 

I think I get my love for all things interior and home decor from my mum. She has always taken huge interest, time, love and pride in our homes and made them welcoming and homely, yet extremely chic and interesting all at the same time.

Even though we live in a new build, aside from the kitchen and bathrooms which we picked out, the rest of the house is a white plain shell and we are both very excited and keen to start adding some colour and more of our personalities into it. As it is a new build, we can't really apply wallpaper for at least another 6-12 months, due to the fact the house needs to move and adjust with the ground  and is filled with tons of water in the walls etc. If you were to add wallpaper now, there would be a very high chance that the paper would rip and get damaged once the wall behind it started to show cracks (which is all normal when a house is settling with the earth)! That means for now, paint is our best friend which is fine by us.

Let's start with the bedroom. Firstly, I change my mind VERY quickly and easily as I have a huge amount of ideas and inspiration, which means I do find myself re-decorating more often than most! For the past couple of weeks, I have fallen in love with the idea of a romantic, classic yet somewhat fun and quirky French Boutique style bedroom. Toile has been a big part of my mood boards with this theme in mind. Let's admire below...









Traditionally toile is a blue and white print but as you can see from the above, there are a variety of lovely colours you can use to create this look and feel within a room. What colour palette would you decide on? Do you think I should go for this theme in our bedroom?

I'd love to hear!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I really do appreicate every single comment left on my posts and will respond to each and everyone where I can! Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to come and pay me and my little blog a visit! xo

© Happy Distractions. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig