Tuesday 24 February 2015

Happy Birthday To Me!


Tuesday 17th February was my birthday. On that day, I turned the grand old age of 29...(that sounds a little scary to me)! I obviously know 29 is still young but honestly, I just don't feel it. I still feel about 20-21, even though that seems like a life-time ago!

I had a lovely day spent with my wonderful mum, who took me out for a nice lunch and then in the evening, had everyone at my parent's house for a delicious Iranian meal and birthday pancakes AND cake for dessert! To say I felt 'pogged' (does anyone else use that expression? It means 'full', 'stuffed, 'at a capacity'), was an understatement. 

The weekend just gone after my birthday, myself and my sister, along with my two best friends (all of them who are my bridesmaids for our wedding later this year as well), paid a visit to Mad Dogs and Englishmen, which is a beautiful interior boutique with an adorable vintage style tea room I blogged about recently, to enjoy a spot of birthday afternoon tea. It was the perfect way and the sweetest place to celebrate with the girls. The setting is quaint but casual, very friendly, extremely pretty with it's decorative finishes and also, serves wonderful homemade food. They also offer a fantastic and yummy tasting gluten-free afternoon tea, which came in very handy for my sister as she has a gluten intolerance. I always think it's worth mentioning and sharing places that offer great gluten free options, as it's often tricky to find places which offer a wide variety and great-tasting options.

Below are a couple of snaps I took on my phone from our afternoon...





The little coconut birthday cake with a single candle on was delicious and completed the look of the perfect birthday afternoon tea platter. This actually came out to the table AFTER our afternoon tea scones and finger sandwiches, and was for my birthday and free of charge! Such a thoughtful and well appreciated gesture that went down a treat with us girls.

I would also just quickly like to say a BIG thank you for all the birthday messages some of you sent me via twitter and instagram. I really appreciated it!

SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I really do appreicate every single comment left on my posts and will respond to each and everyone where I can! Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to come and pay me and my little blog a visit! xo

© Happy Distractions. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig