Friday 24 April 2015

Battle of the moisturisers! What's better for your skin-balm or gel?



A couple of weeks ago, I was kindly sent some products from 'What Skin Needs', who challenged me to give two of their products a go and see what one worked better for my skin. 

'What Skin Needs' is an Australian skincare range, who pride themselves on using natural based ingredients within their products. Their main active ingredient is called 'Plantolin' and it is from the Australian plant called 'Centipeda'. This wonder plant provides a natural source of anti-inflammatory and anti-oxidant, which helps fight inflation and irritations to the skin. This natural ingredient can even help regenerate skin cells and replace any dry and damaged skin, with a healthier and happier looking appearance. Sounds good to me seeing as my skin has been quite dry lately and a little stressed looking!






Round 1-Soothing Skin Gel
The first product to get a testing in the battle of the moisturisers was the 'soothing skin gel'. I strictly only used this product out of the two for week 1, to get a good idea on how it worked and to see if it played any part in making a difference to my skin's appearance and feel. What's also a great plus about this gel, is that it can also be used to help any sun damage you may have, windburn or itchy skin due to allergies or such conditions as eczema. Funnily enough, I happened to REALLY put this product to the test on this week, as I was a bit silly and accidentally burnt my neck with a 200C curling tong! (ouch)! 
I applied the gel onto the ugly, rather large burn mark on my neck and also onto my forehead where I have even suffering with dryness lately and instantly enjoyed the feel of the cool and soothing gel formula. The consistency isn't too thick and it has a slight natural but weirdly at the same time, medical smell to it! After about 2 days, I noticed the burn mark had reduced dramatically and the surrounding skin was a lot smoother in texture also. I am so sorry I didn't any before and after pictures (I didn't plan on burning my neck for a blog post or product review, I can tell you that)!-but the burn mark has almost completely gone now which is amazing. 




Round 2-Soothing Skin Balm
The next product to be put to the test for week 2 was the skin balm. This I was told is also incredible for dry, stressed and damaged skin and helps with skin cell renewal. The balm is a cream texture and consistency and is so nourishing and soft on the skin. It smells really nice as well, as it reminds me of the products beauty therapists use on you when you are at a spa!
I used this pretty much all over my face instead of my normal day cream, to see if I could notice a difference between the two products and my normal skin regime. 
I believe the balm definitely helped with regards to the appearance of my skin, as it did start to look a little brighter in it's tone and also feel smoother, especially on my nose and around my cheeks. I don't know if it performed as well on my forehead, which as mentioned above is suffering with dryness at the moment. I think if I was to use this and my normal day cream as a joint combination, that might have helped that particular area more.

 FINAL VERDICT AND WINNER OF THE BATTLE!


I must admit I was a bit sceptical at first with these products, however after using them both solidly for two weeks, I am happy with the quality of them and the results I have seen so far. If I had to choose just one to be the winner of the battle of the moisturisers, I would probably have to go with the Soothing Skin Gel! I really enjoyed the texture and feel of it against my skin. It definitely helped with my nasty burn and I believe it could not only be a beauty product, but also an item people could keep in their medicine box, for such skin issues as burns, allergies and rashes. It's also suitable to use on children, so for any of you yummy mummies out there, it can be a shared family product :)

Have you tried any of the above products? What one would you like to put to the test?




SHARE:

No comments

Post a Comment

I really do appreicate every single comment left on my posts and will respond to each and everyone where I can! Thank you very much for taking the time out of your day to come and pay me and my little blog a visit! xo

© Happy Distractions. All rights reserved.
Blogger Templates made by pipdig